Before you finally think of quitting your day job and invest some bucks in the UX design course, you might be having one best question in your mind. Do you consider yourself to be the perfect fit for this job? Unless you are sure of the answer, moving forward in this completely new genre won’t be a good idea for you. It is hard to come across any simple yes or no to this question.
UX designers are from various walks of life and it is hard to come across any fast rule as you who can hold this position. Right from sales representatives to the nurses, to even accountants, anyone can prove to excel in the successful UX designing fields. So, if you keep on thinking on whether you have the right background for this job or not, or thinking whether you are a right candidate for the job, you can keep these thoughts aside for well. Even the field of UX recruitment will work out great for you.
Being that perfect fit this job category is solely associated with the interests you have in mind, along with the passions and points that you motivate you. Here, you are likely to approach the question right from two major angles. The first one is that you will take look at whether you are one good fit for the UX design in relation to profile. After that, you are going to check if UX design is the solid career option for you, in related to your aspirations and goals. So, without wasting time, let’s just know if you and UX are perfect match as made.
A career as a UX designer:
While anyone has the right and power to pursue a career in UX design, not all might necessarily feel amazing after working in this section. While considering it to be a part of your right career path, you have to check out for the inherent characteristics as well. Not only that, but you have to pave some way for the natural talents and the points, which you motivate you right on daily basis. So, there are some telltale signs available to know if UX design is that perfect career fit for you or not.
Have to always put people first:
You might have been associated with the customer service as your previous career and live by current motto that customer is just always right. There are times when you might feel jolly and enjoy yourself while being around people and finding some good ways to make them rightfully tick.
- If you are lucky enough to have this natural gift of empathy, then the UX design is a perfect channel for your career. You are about to enjoy multiple aspects of it.
- Right from creating some personals to working on user research, and even gathering some product based feedback, you will cover it all for the team.
- The art of UX design is always associated with the proper understanding of the needs of users and then putting them first. If you are one people person, you are always off to amazing start.
An interested part of you relates to technology:
Remember that UX designers are mainly well skilled at just bridging gaps between people and said technology. These pros are mainly the reason for humanizing technology to make them easily understandable and well usable in nature.
- It is always the task of the UX designers to ensure that all the latest and utmost gadgets are made easily for the humans to use.
- Whether it is the new iPhone model or native mobile app, or even the amazon Alexa voice assistant, everyone should know well how to use it.
- But, don’t get confused by that. You do not have to be a technology whizzes to be holding the post of the good UX designer. In case, you have a passion about latest devices and trends, then a UX based job is what you should be looking for.
You need to work hard to thrive on variety:
In case, you actually love to stand and work on variety, then you will definitely feel loved right from the first time you entered UX design field. It is more like a multidisciplinary field. It comprises of the human psychology, some of the surprising elements of the design, business and some problem solving notions.
- One day, you might end up interviewing users. Then on the next day, you might be given the task of creating wireframes or just presenting designs to the developers.
- There are rare chances when you might be stuck at desk doing same task over and over again. So, you have to be comfortable enough to wear multiple hats at the same time and start navigating through some varied to-do lists.
Problem solving is your jam:
In the field of UX design, problem solving is more like the brain and spinal cord. At first, you are likely to design to just solve specified user problem. But, when the process is undergoing, there are some added layers revolving around the field of problem solving for you.
- Now, the main question is to check out on ways to create optimal products within budget constraints and said time. You will get answer once you hold the post of UX designer.
- Moreover, you have to mentally prepare yourself on ways you can design for the users while just trying to fulfill business based objectives.
- In case, you are holding the role of a problem solver and that comes to you by nature, then you have so many offers in this field of UX design role for sure.
If you have these points within yourself then you are born to be a UX designer. No other career option will prove to be this much effective like being a pro in UX designing category. Moreover, if you are a good collaborator, then this option is the right one for you.